Job roles explained
Summary of the role
Your role as a Validation Engineer will involve:
- Specifying, inspecting and testing the equipment used to manufacture advanced therapies and vaccines.
- Ensuring processes run efficiently and produce high-quality products
- Work with many different stakeholders, including research and development, quality and procurement teams, to improve yield, efficiency and sustainability
Headline skills required
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Data analysis and IT skills
- Analytical problem-solving
- Documentation skills
Why is it exciting?
You will be responsible for making sure the processes which develop potentially life-saving medicines are up to standard, and that the products are of consistently high quality. Through your efforts, a new wave of therapies and vaccines can reach patients safely.
How much does a Validation Engineer make in a year?
This role has an average starting salary of £45,000 a year.