Job roles explained
Summary of the role
Your role as a Distribution Controller will involve:
- Organising the storage and distribution of medicinal products
- Ensuring that the right products are delivered at a good cost and to the right location on time
- Understanding the whole supply chain so you can coordinate it effectively
- Liaising with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers and clinician
Headline skills required
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Planning and organisation
- Customer service
- Attention to detail
Why is it exciting?
You will be responsible for making sure that manufacturing teams have everything they need to make high-quality products and ensuring patients can receive their medicines on time. Through your efforts, a new wave of therapies and vaccines can reach patients safely.
How much does a Distribution Controller make in a year?
Dependent upon experience, you can hope to earn upwards of £26,000