Free spaces available on the 'Fundamental advanced therapies laboratory skills in biosafety testing
Title: Fundamental advanced therapies laboratory skills in biosafety testing – Entry Level
Duration: 5 days
- Develop and apply an understanding of GLP/GMP/GDocP.
- Gowning – The different approaches and the understanding behind each requirement
- Housekeeping – Is our first line in defence in maintain an environment which is critical to work in to ensure we meet the standards required
- Aseptic – What does it mean to work within a Biological Safety Cabinet but also how the process before and after contribute to an environment suitable for safety testing.
- Environmental Monitoring – follows on from housekeeping and aseptic technique as a monitoring system how we monitor and evaluate the building for suitability.
- Equipment – All equipment is under strict monitoring and functionality testing this will provide the knowledge around the requirements and include practical exercises.
- Preparing reagents – Can delegates follow instructions, perform calculations and execute the task in a aseptic manner to prepare a reagent all whilst accurately documenting the activity.
Entry requirements: HNC/HND or Undergraduate.
Course summary: Delivered in collaboration with our strategic training partner Merck Life Sciences this five-day course introduces GLP/GMP/GDocP, core laboratory skills, gowning, aseptic working and environmental monitoring. The content has been developed with close links to industry to ensure authenticity and consistency with industry labs and methods. The course takes place over 3 days at Ayrshire Colleges modern Kilwinning lab facility and 2 days at Merck’s start of the art Glasgow training facility that provides delegates with the opportunity to gain hands-on practical training in complex biotesting procedures. The creation of this course has been funded by IUK through the ATSTN**
What next? On completion of this course you should have a greater understanding of GxP and some lab skills as required in an industry setting. This course should complement your current studies before entering industry
Who should attend? Candidates considering a career in advanced therapies testing/manufacturing and vaccine development/manufacturing. Typically life science HNC/HND and undergraduate students or candidates with desirable transferable skills from outside life sciences looking to start a career in the sector.
- w/b 9th January 2023
- w/b 20th Feb 2023
- w/b 20th March 2023
How to apply email@example.com